How To Build Your Client List
If you are new to the Organizing industry, you have probably asked the question – how do I find clients or, better yet, how do clients find me? If this sounds familiar, then this blog is for you. I’m going to share the resources I have found most helpful to build my Professional Organizing business.
Luckily, we live in a digital world where there are no shortage of ways to market your business. This can also make it hard to know what is going to be best for your business. The first thing you should know is who your ideal client is. Once you have narrowed this down, you need to figure out where they hang out online. This will help you to figure out how you should prioritize where to start. I wanted to share the valuable resources I have used to grow my Professional Organizing business.
- Family & friends: One of the easiest ways to spread the word about your business is through the people who know you best, as this helps to build your credibility at the same time.
- Connect with interior designers, local realtors, and moving companies: Think of any services that are complementary to organizing and, also, who you can be referring your clients to and vice versa.
- Business website: You can hire someone to help you build a simple website; or, you can build it yourself with sites such as Wix or Squarespace.
- Google my Business: This is one of the most underutilized free tool out there. Once you have your “Google My Business” page set up, be sure to post weekly. This will help your SEO with Google and ranking in Google searches.
- Instagram Business page: Instagram is great for so much more than just finding clients and showcasing your work. I have learned so much through the awesome organizers I follow on IG and have also made great friends in the process. This is a great place to network within our industry.
- Thumbtack: I love that “Thumbtack” does not cost you anything to join. You only pay per lead and you get to be super-specific about the kind of work you are looking for. While not every lead turns into a new client, I have found awesome clients through this site and the money I have made far outweighs the nominal cost/lead.
Hopefully, this gives you some ideas as you develop your 2022 marketing strategy.